So many of my clients have asked me why manifesting doesn’t work for them. I always ask them the following questions:
- How long have you been manifesting?
- Are you crystal clear in what you’re asking for?
- Are you truly trusting the process?
And the most important question is: are you open to the idea that the universe has something even grander in store for you?
The definition of manifestation is to visualize your dreams and desires and allowing oneself to align with the universe, raising your vibration and putting the work in moving forward.
To put it bluntly, manifesting doesn’t mean you say it out loud and it appears. I wish it were that simple but there are daily practices one must be prepared to do in order to make those dreams become a reality.
Over the past few years of my journey, I have completely decluttered my life, spiritually and physically, to allow the abundance I always yearned. When I say abundance, it is not necessarily money. In some cases, it was. I had the privilege of being a stay-at-home mom and those formative years I would never change but as they got older and needed me less, in some ways, there was a calling for me to do more. To contribute more. During my life, I have always felt a little out of sorts with my friends and family because I was and am different. When I finally knew it was my time to share my gifts it was at that moment, I knew changes were in order and I got to work. So, you might ask, what did I manifest? The answer is you.
What did I do?
I shifted my perspective and set my intentions. It might sound easy, but it wasn’t for me. As a creative and spiritual soul, I am not the most organized at times. Listen, Albert Einstein once joked, “If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” He felt everything was exactly where it was meant to be. Creatives tend to be less organized because creativity knows no bounds, but it can also hinder you when you’re trying to start a business. For me, I had to really look at my life, pick apart each day and the current schedule I was juggling and see how I was able to, realistically, make this happen.
My first decision was to wake up an hour earlier every single day. Believe me, this was hard, but I knew that hour would be mine and it was precious. So, the alarm clock and coffee pot were set. This hour was transformative for me. It was 60 minutes that belonged to me and gave a clarity that I have never achieved before. It was quiet and still but my creativity was flowing. I then took a few days to think about how this time would best serve me. I bought a journal, purchased books, and downloaded audio books from other healers and like-minded individuals I truly respected. Within the first month, I felt the shift and it just soared. I was more aligned with the universe then ever and I made it a ritual of reading my very words that I wrote in my monthly journal. What I thought I wanted when I started this journey was so miniscule compared to what the universe brought to me. The Tribe.
All along, every journal submission I reread, it all had one similar story. How I felt alone. I realized I never wanted anyone else to feel the same way. The truth of the matter is I was sitting on a beach chair in Aruba, The Happy Island, and everything fell into place. My heart swelled and my life as I knew it would forever be changed. I had set into motion, with my daily practices of manifestation, what would change my life and what I hoped for so many others. I was free of the dread that so many of us feel on a daily basis. Sitting on that chair, enjoying a cocktail, I looked at my husband and said, “Goddess Giving”. He thought I had a few too many but I knew this was it.
I love that you’re here reading my words and learning my story but more importantly I want this to be the moment you realize your life is waiting for you. Do you notice that when you’re happy, truly happy, life tends to go more smoothly? That is no coincidence and something you can achieve. Unfortunately, there will be moments and times in your life that, to put it bluntly, suck. You will experience loss in countless ways; death, relationships, and careers, but it is truly how you deal with them, your mindset, that can allow you to get through the most excruciating times and see that life will and must go on. I have clients that have dealt with, what I feel is the most unbearable. The loss of a child. Physically I cannot even fathom this pain. As a mother, I want to hug and cry with them, and I have on countless occasions. In many ways, it is their perseverance, their choice to celebrate that child’s life and their ability to somehow still see good in the world after such devastating loss that has only made my belief in the human spirit and universe even stronger.
There are so many different ways to manifest but this is simply the story of how I started and what my daily practices still look like. Please don’t get overwhelmed. I still stumble. I find going on vacation or change of my atmosphere can throw me off but as soon as I feel the shift, in the wrong direction, or my alignment is off I start right back from where I left off. We are all continuous works in progress and that is beautiful.
So what’s next?
Now is the moment you decide if you’re ready. If the answer is yes, then take your time. Think about what it is you truly want. Do you want a more loving relationship, more money or change in career? Here are the steps I always tell my clients and now you of how to start what I know will be the most amazing journey of your life.
- Buy a journal. I actually love finding the “perfect” journal. It’s become my thing. Don’t get me wrong I love a great new pair of shoes, but I have countless journals and they have become like works of art on my bookshelf. Each one, telling a beautiful story that I hope is far from ending and forever evolving.
- Dedicate time every day to write your story. You might not be able to wake up an hour early and maybe you are a night owl. Either way, whether it’s 10 minutes or an hour use that time to fill up those pages with dreams and visions of what it is that you want.
- Write how you believe you can attain those dreams but also any blocks or obstacles in your life that are making you feel stuck.
- Identify if those blocks are self-imposed. This is not to shame you or make you feel bad but to enlighten you. If so, it’s only you who can change that behavior.
- Find ways to declutter your life, like me, both spiritually and physically. Is there a desk you’ve been meaning to get to (yes, I know, I mentioned Einstein had a messy desk) but in most cases doing simple adjustments and clearing space takes on a form bigger than just that desk or closet.
- Be conscious in surrounding yourself with things that serve no other purpose then making you happy and more aligned with the universe. This could be a little refresh in the bedroom to make it your sanctuary or scheduling time with positive influences in your life, i.e., friends or even listening to those audio books I mentioned earlier.
The manifesting begins when you actively say YES to your intentions and goals. Feel inspired and start to create with no fear. I want you to write to the universe you are ready to claim what is yours and the gratitude you feel of knowing it’s listening.
I am so excited for you and for all the wonderful things I know are coming your way. One last thing I tell all of my clients is the importance of visualizing the new you. It’s a quick practice but it never fails to inspire. Close your eyes and see that person you believe you will be….in 5 months or even 5 years. I look forward to meeting her/him.